Moving on from the Vision for Gerontology in Sibu, Tan Kee Hian then touched on the Building Blocks for Gerontology. According to Kee hian, the following are the components for Gerontology in Sibu:
1. Lifestyle community for active ageing.
2. Ageing in place.
3. Nursing homes and day centres.
4. Specialised medical and healthcare professionals and staff.
5. Trained caregivers, therapists and social workers.
6. Business and community leaders as champions.
7. Educational institution focused on gerontology.
Photo: Terrence Tan of MPI
Sibu Tales : Lau King Howe Hospital and Flowers
15 hours ago