Tan kee Hian also viewed Sibu as a potential Agri-business Hub. Simply put, agricultural industries can lift Sibu up to a higher level of growth. This vision is certainly not without bases. Kee Hian based his proposition on the following observations:
1. The world is presently facing food shortage.
2. West Malaysia is running out of arable land.
3. Singapore has to source food supplies from faraway Africa and South America.
4. There is growing demand for Halal food and it is underserved.
5. Sarawak is blessed with lands, rivers and coastlines.
6. Therefore, this unmet market needs for large scale supply of food and agricultural products.
That is precisely where Sibu can come in.
The photo shows Mr. Chang Jee Ren, Chairman of MPI's Board, presenting a memento to Mr. Tan Kee Hian. Looking on is Mr. Hii Ching Chiong, Lay Leader of SCAC. Photo: Terrence Tan of MPI
Sibu Premier Hotel Bamboo House 2018 最新影片！！
5 days ago