Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day


Today is Father's Day in Malaysia and many other countries. Inaugurated in the early 20th century to complement Mother's Day in celebrating fatherhood and parenting by males, Father's Day is celebrated on a variety of dates worldwide, and typically involves gift-giving to fathers and family-oriented activities.
Early in the morning, I received this leather briefcase of Poloking brand from Allen and Pauline. They pooled their savings together to buy it for me as Father's Day gift.
The little briefcase gave me a very warm touch-it was a show of their love and thoughtfulness.
My present briefcase is quite worn out; the gift, therefore, came in handy.
Very thoughtful of Allen, indeed, to have bought it for me!
Father's Day is a meaningful secular occasion to honour fathers. It is never intended to be a show of love on this particular day only- in actual fact, it serves to remind to take it as an everyday affair!
Happy Father's Day!

No comments: