After establishing dreams and visions for Sibu, Tan Kee Hian then moved on to apply Blue Ocean Strategy Approach towards realising the dreams.
Tan Kee Hian is more than qualified and experienced to enlighten Sibuians on the burning issue of development using Blue Ocean Strategy (BOS). Kee Hian is a Senior Global Expert in the Blue Ocean Strategy Network co-founded by the creators of Blue Ocean Strategy, Professor Kim and Mauborgne. He works with private and public organisations globally, and across a wide range of sectors on BOS. He is a keynote speaker on BOS at public and in-house conferences and management retreats, conducts awareness seminars and training workshops, and leads major initiatives to formulate and execute BOS.
Tan Kee Hian proceeded to outline challenges to achieving economic and social development:-
1. Finding attractive, big ideas.
2. Creating viable economic models.
3. Implementing major transformation.
4. Managing high risks (associated with bold strategies).
5. Building resilience to economic cycles.
6. Achieving a healthy balance between GDP growth, quality of life, human rights and sustainability.
Tan Kee Hian then put it to the floor,"Does Sibu face similar challenges?"
The picture shows the public forum in progress. Photo: Liong
Miri Stories : Tossing Yee Sang
1 week ago