Tan Kee Hian then moved on to take the audience on a Blue Ocean journey of Sibu. The gists were to focus on strategic ideas and bring capabilities together with a long-term view to better develop Sibu.
Kee Hian explored the subject basing on his extensive global experience in strategic planning and first-hand knowledge at the Federal level. His sheer love for Sibu drove him to come to share with the fellow Sibuians.
The sluggishness of the development in Sibu has been a burning issue. Calling it a trigger event, the as-is developmental status of Sibu is characterised by:-
1. Sibu has been called a slumbering giant.
2. A sunset town.
3. We are still indulged in the past glories.
4. Sibu has been hollowed out (the young elite group is leaving).
5. We are left with the crumbs. Even the Federal government has left out Sibu.
6. Sibu has been dubbed a cowboy town.
In the present development cycle of Sibu, we are at a declining stage.
Therefore, what are of utmost concern to Sibuians are: What is the next development cycle of Sibu? Where do we go from here? Is it business-as-usual?
The picture shows Dato' Seri Wong Soon Koh giving an opening address. Photo: Terrence Tan of MPI
Miri Stories : Tossing Yee Sang
1 week ago