Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Virus infection

My own computer at home was infected with virus, thereby causing its functioning to be very much down.

Then this anti-virus software advert kept popping up, most annoyingly, asking me to download with credit card payment the programme. Seriously, it drove me crazy.

The whole phenomenon seemed to be a well-planned marketing strategy by certain unscrupulous virus writers- sending out virus programmes and then following up with software advert to profit out of it. Gosh, they must be making tons of money worldwide!

I called one computer technician for advice. Reformatting to put it back to normal was his suggestion. Left with no choice since I am only a jack, I took his golden words.

My blogging is going to be affected for the next two days.

No comments: