English Essay Writing Competition Jointly By SAGA & Borneo Post
English Essay Writing Competition Jointly By SAGA, Central Region & The Borneo Post
ENGLISH ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION BY SAGA, CENTRAL REGION IN COLLABORATION WITH THE BORNEO POST
...Organizers: (1) SAGA (Sarawak Australia Graduate Association) (2) See Hua Marketing Sdn Bhd (The Borneo Post)
Objectives: (1) To increase the standard of students in commanding English (2) To arouse the interests of writing of English
Date: 23rd July 2011 (Saturday)
Venue: SMK Methodist
Time 8:00 am until 12:00 noon
Contest detail: 1. There will be 2 questions and the participants have to choose either one of them and shall be complete within one hour.
2. The essay must be written in the prepared examination pad by using blue or black ballpen, must be written neatly and those essay if found untidy and unreadable will be disqualified.
3. The essay must be submitted in English Language only, 150 words in length for the Junior Secondary (PMR syllabus) and 350 words in length for the Senior Secondary (SPM syllabus). The essay that overly exceeds the permitted number of words will be disqualified.
Participation 1. Each school needs to fill the entry form as per attached. 2. Entries should be submitted before 27th June 2011 to: See Hua Marketing Sdn Bhd (Essay Competition 2011) No 40, Jalan Tuanku Osman, 96000 Sibu Tel: 084-315252 Fax: 084-320549 3. Each participate student will receive an attendance certificate.
Sections: This competition will be sectionalized into: (1) Junior secondary (Form 1 – Form 3) • Individual • Team (2) Senior secondary (Form 4 – Form 5) • Individual • Team
Prizes: Individual - Junior Form (Form 1 – Form 3); Senior Form (Form 4 & Form 5) 1st Prize : Cash RM 150.00 + Certificate + Free The Borneo Post one year subscription 2nd Prize : Cash RM 100.00 + Certificate + Free The Borneo Post one year subscription 3rd Prize : Cash RM 80.00 + Certificate + Free The Borneo Post one year subscription Consolations Prizes (3 sets) : Cash RM 50.00 + Certificate + Free The Borneo Post six months subscription
Team - Junior Form (Form 1 – Form 3); Senior Form (Form 4 & Form 5) 1st Prize : Cash RM 200.00 + Certificate 2nd Prize : Cash RM 150.00 + Certificate 3rd Prize : Cash RM 100.00 + Certificate
Prize giving ceremony: To be decided later
Rules & Regulations 1. This competition is open to all Malaysian secondary school students in Sibu. Schools are only allowed to send in one team per category. Each team must consist of five students, all with valid Malaysian identity cards and accompanied by a teacher-in-charge at all times. Any team’s participant’s less than five students, then the team cannot participate in team section.
2. All students participating in the competition must be in school uniform during the competition. The students shall be required to present their identity cards during the registration at the venue.
3. No substitution or omission of any submit shall be permitted at any time and the same students shall be present all segments of the competition.
4. The Organisers shall not be responsible for any damage to and/or loss of personal belongings and/or personal injuries sustained during the competition.
5. The essay will be assessed by a panel of judges selected by organizers. The judges’ decision is final and any correspondence will not be entertained.
6. If at any time during the competition or after the competition, a winner is found not complying with any of the Rules and Regulations, the Organisers reserve the right to cancel and/or recover the claimed prize at its sole discretion. In such a situation, the winning entry or the winning team will be disqualified and a new winning team will be determined by the panel of judges.
7. The Organisers reserve the right to vary, postpone or reschedule the dates and venues of the competition or extend the competition period at their sole discretion.