Monday, June 30, 2008

Borneo Cultural Festival 2008 - Ngajat Dance Competition

BCF provides an excellent platform for the ethnic groups to appreciate the beauty of each other's culture.

Ngajat Iban never fails to fascinate me. Whenever a ngajat dance is on, I tend to be mesmerized by the performance. This indegenous dance is truly enthralling.

I spotted some Dayak lasses making up in one of the booths. Out of curiosity, I asked, "Great, are you all going for beauty contest?" Cheerfully, they beamed and told me, "We are going on stage for ngajat competition."

When I indicated my wish to snap them , they were more than willing to pose and let me shoot.

The picture shows the Dayak girls posing unreservedly for photoshooting.

The two beautiful Dayak lasses in full traditional costume.

4 comments:

Mountain Mom Alison said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. Come by anytime. Yours is great too.

Tony Hii said...

mountain mom alison, thank you for dropping by.

Mee Ling/Mayling said...

他們的色彩之鮮艷,真的很迷人。

Tony Hii said...

mee ling, you are right, they look beautiful in the traditional costume.