Thursday, December 27, 2007

PMR Results Day

Today is PMR results day.

Even before Christmas, an atmosphere of anxiety already started hovering over Allen's head. "Dad, I am not quite in the mood for it," he told me on a few occasions.

This morning, before I set off to office, Yian told me that she would stay calm. "It is all in God's hand," she said.

At 9:30am, I called back to check with Allen about the release. "Dad, the results will be available after 10:30am," Allen sounded anxious.

Thereafter, I just kept my fingers crossed and cast the matter aside.

When I arrived home for lunch, Yian came up to me with the results. Allen's scores fell within my expectations.

Allen still looked a bit downcast, but expressed a sigh of relief after we gave him our assurance.

We are thankful to God for His graceful guidance!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

First thing first. PMR results. The t.v. interviewed some students who scored straight A. Now the very puzzling thing is the remark all of them made. They said they did not expect it.

I find out that your church made the Noah's Ark. Please tell the influential people to build one now as water is rising slowly due to the continuous rain. This is proof that Sibu's drainage system is in total disaster because it was only a few days ago when the big flood almost destroyed this town.

Me, the anonymous one too. In Sibu that is.

Anonymous said...

aren't the BN leaders listening to the people? i think they are speaking loud and clear..the flood is a real problem.. please do something if you want to get votes in the next elections. or at least pretend , show show and not portray a total disregard for the rakyat

Mee Ling said...

I hope you don't mind that I add your blog in my blog, thank you.

Tony Hii said...

Mee Ling, please go ahead.

Anonymous said...

Many straight-A scorers in exams are good at memorising and passing exams (and many do not rememeber anything after a while!). What is more important is the wholesome education they get IN and OUTSIDE school to prepare them to go out into society later in life. Good results are a platform, but how the rest of the dive is executed depends on a lot of factors...but no use telling parents this! As in the case of the flood issue, there are none so blind as they who will not see!

Tony Hii said...

oldie but goodie, you have valid points on education. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Dear Tony,
With so many A's around, I am wondering who are the good A's and who are the bad A's. No two person think alike. I suggest somebody makes a research on the credibility of these A's. Not all the A's are as good as it should be; goes the hypothesis. Now prove it wrong or right.

We have so many """ Christian """ politicians in Sibu. But this town does not smell very Christian, does it ? And we have so many beautiful big, modern, comfortable churches. But where are the people ?